Yesterday I cooked a recipe from HelloFresh – Gremolata Crusted Tilapia with Mediterranean Roasted Veg. It was so easy and yet delicious that I just had to share it with you.
Gremo-what? Yes I hadn’t heard of it either – but simply put it’s a dressing or garnish made with chopped parsley, garlic, and grated lemon zest, in this case mixed with breadcrumbs to make a crust topping for the fish.
Okay so as I’m being honest until recently I hadn’t heard of tilapia either, but it’s a really tasty white fish which is a little bit lighter in texture than cod.
It’s so easy, even I can cook it! Here’s how:
2 Tilapia Fillets (other white fish fillets would work too!)
A handful of New Potatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Red Pepper
2 Tbsps Breadcrumbs
Bunch of Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
2. Cut your new potatoes into eights and boil them for 15 to 20 minutes in salted water.
3. Meanwhile core and deseed the pepper, and chop it and the courgette into bite sized pieces.
4. Toss the courgette and pepper in 1 tbsp oil and roast them in the oven on a baking tray for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Whilst the veg is cooking, peel and crush your garlic clove and finely chop the parsley.
6. Grate the zest of half of the lemon into a bowl and mix in the breadcrumbs, 3/4 of the parsley, garlic.
7. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt and mix it all together. Go on, get your fingers in there!
8. Pop your fillets into a baking tray, and rub on a little bit of olive oil.
9. Pile the breadcrumb mix on top of the fish and press it down with your fingers.
10. Cook the fish on the top shelf for 4 mins.
11. Switch the oven to grill and grill the fish for a further 2-3 minutes (but watch it like a hawk and remove it as soon as it starts to brown to avoid burning!).
12. Drain the potatoes and mix them with the peppers and courgettes.
Plate your veg, then pile the fish on top and garnish with the remaining parsley.
For an added extra zing, take an extra 60 seconds to squeeze the lemon juice into a small jug/bowl, add a dash of olive oil and a little salt and pepper and mix with a little whisk or fork, then drizzle this on as a dressing.
I hope this gives you a little bit of inspiration for a super quick, healthy dinner!
Thanks go to www.hellofresh.co.uk for this recipe – if you want to download it you can do so here.